Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Atlanta in the Springtime


(Sonja, Explorer of Boxes, Large and Small)

Great news! I've lined up a petsitting gig outside of Atlanta, mid-May through early June. It's at an eco-village type community called Serenbe, dubbed the "Sonoma of the New South" by the New York Times. I can't wait! The setting is beautiful, the community is close-knit, and there's lots of culture, an organic farm, restaurants and a weekly farmers/artists market. I'll be taking care of some large active dogs and a couple of cats in my client's home. My own kitty, Sonja, will stay in my motorhome, very near the house, where I can visit her several times a day.

I hadn't actually planned to go as far east as Atlanta in 2011, but this is a fun (and paid!) opportunity, and it may well lead to similar gigs in the future.

My other piece of good news today is that I was able to very quickly liquidate my entire inventory of antiques by selling them to another antique dealer. I didn't get much money for my stuff, but the guy is going to take everything out of the antique mall space that I was renting, so I don't have to! This is a huge time-saver, because I was anticipating having to box everything up and take it to another venue, such as the local flea market, to try one last time to sell it before I start my travels. So, one more item is now checked off of my "get out of town" list.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a good gig. That's great news about the guy buyer your antiques.

    Travel Safe
    Dawn & Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool news about both the pet-sitting and antiques! That really must be a relief to not have that sitting over you now :) The eco-village sounds very cool! Hope it is even better for you than it sounds!

    Sonja is adorable!

    -Mike
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following some of your posts on vandwelling. I also live in Atlanta (on the North Side). If you are looking for a meet-up, I plan to go to the North Georgia GTG on 5/6.

    ReplyDelete