Saturday, January 1, 2011

Wise Woman in Training


I have a nice framed and matted print of this Mary Engelbreit picture that was given to me by my best friend, Helen, years ago when my life was in transition. It's one of the few pieces of framed artwork that I'll be bringing with me in my travels. The rest will go into storage at a friend's house for some later day when I decide to live in a house again or decide to sell or give away my collection.

The crossroads of "Your Life" and "No Longer an Option" is a great place to start the new year--or, for that matter, each day and each decision. I'm going to put this picture up in the kitchen end of my motorhome where I will see it every day. I'm not making any new year's resolutions, but I am prayerful that 2011 will be a year when I continue to grow in health, strength, courage, wisdom, and serenity. I don't know that my decision to become a full-time traveler has any profound purpose...I probably won't be fundraising for a good cause or writing a book or anything lofty like that along the way. But I do hope my journeys and experiences bring me closer to my goal of eventually becoming a wise elder.

Carpe diem struck hard this morning when I saw an ad in the paper for the final Eugene Opera performance of "La Boheme," so I bought myself a ticket and will be attending tomorrow. I thought of buying a ticket for my kid, but decided to go solo...'cause going to to the opera is all about "mi mi mi..."

No comments:

Post a Comment